Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring redecorating

It's spring break. We stayed home. Well, Levi has been on 2 sleep overs and a couple outings, but our trip to Bend didn't take place. So, I've been working on some creative projects. I've been wanting to do something for above the doorway in our kitchen for a LONG time. I've even had the blank canvases for a LONG time. I finally took some time to use some of my flower photography, Photoshop and Mod Podge and these are the finished products.






It seemed like it would be a pretty easy process. Ha! I got home with my photocopies only to find out that they did NOT copy at 100% of the original size so I couldn't use all of them. I did the "Dream" panel first. It worked out pretty well, had some minor trouble with bubbles. Then I did the crocus. It was TERRIBLE and I finally peeled it off the canvas so I could start over. After another trip to make photocopies I was able to complete the project on the second evening. I have a little touch up to do on the black edges and then should spray them with matte acrylic.

Next up was a project for the bathroom. Another one that I've been meaning to do for quite some time now. For the past 8 years (wow, I just didn't realize it had been so long) I have had a collage of B&W photos of the boys in the tub. Cute when the kids are little, maybe not so cute when the kids are now 15 and 9. Maybe I can bring them out again when the boys are all grown up.

Anyway, I've been wanting to use some flower photography in there to brighten it up, but again found that trying to choose which photos of the thousands that I have was just more than I could handle. I finally tackled it! I LOVE IT. With Photoshop I was able to crop and also add some words. I even made a layout to help me plan it. Then I sent the files to Costco yesterday afternoon and picked them up this morning, using a coupon for free prints to "pay" for them. FREE, love it even more.



A little yellowed after years of hanging in the bathroom.
And the acrylic frame doesn't exactly photograph very well!




I am so excited about this bright new addition to our bathroom.


I have a couple more projects in the works, so check back.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment